Choosing the right hard drive for recording can be a challenge as the market is flooded with hundreds of seemingly good hard drives. Three factors need to be taken into account when choosing your hard drive: speed, storage and noise. Four external hard drives stand out as being among the best in their class. WD Elements Desktop
WD Elements Desktop has a 2TB (1TB = 1024GB) external hard drive. It can be connected to your Mac or PC via a standard USB 2.0 cable. You don’t need to install any software to use it. It has a strong metal case, which provides greater protection from damage. The data transfer speed for this is 480MB per second, and, as far as the noise goes, it’s pretty quiet.
Seagate has a 2TB external hard drive that has a data transfer speed of up to 480MB per second. It is a compact 3.5″ hard drive with USB 2.0 connectivity. This hard drive is not USB powered, so you will have to plug in the power supply that comes with it. This hard drive may be a little noisier than the others.
LaCie is an extremely fast (800MB per second) hard drive with 1TB of storage space. It is perfect for editing multimedia files and storing it as it makes very little noise. This hard drive is 60 percent larger than other hard drives in its class, which keeps it cooler than its competitors. It can be connected to your PC, Mac and DV.
Iomega Prestige Desktop
Iomega Prestige Desktop Hard Drive has a data transfer speed of up to 480MB per second. it’s a slightly cheaper alternative to the above hard drives. It comes with 1TB of storage space and a sleek aluminum body. It is Energy Star certified and, as of September 2010, comes with a one-year subscription to Trend Micro Internet Security. This hard drive is not as silent as the others.
· How to Make a Clean Vista Install on a Hard Drive …
· Hard Drive Upgrades for a Dell Dimension 8200
· What are the functions of a computer hard drive?
· What is the capacity of a microfiche device
· How to Transfer Files to a PC Time Capsule
· How to Remove Write-Protection on a RAM Disk
· How to Format a Lexar SDHC Card
· How to detect an external hard drive
· How to boot XP from a disk
· How to Play a VCD on Your Computer
· How to Connect My Apple G4 Laptop to an HDTV
· How to Rotate Text in Apple Keynote ’09
· How to combine two partitions
· How to Connect a Logitech Webcam to a MacBook Pro
· How to Uninstall Adobe Creative Suite 3 on a Mac
· How much data can a double-sided layer Single-Disc…
· How to update the BIOS on an M2N -MX
· How to Erase Search History on a Mac
· How to Convert an Apple Drive to PC
· How to update the video BIOS for Nvidia GeForce 4…