The method to start in safe mode when Windows 11 does not start is to force quit twice or more to launch the repair function (recovery environment), specify the startup option from the optional startup settings, and start safe mode. increase. This page introduces how to boot into safe mode when it doesn’t boot and explains boot options.
Please refer to the following page for how to start safe mode and repair.
Launch Windows 11 repair function (recovery environment) and start in safe mode
1. launch the repair function
- Turn on the computer’s power switch, and when the startup screen (spinning) is displayed, press and hold the power button until it shuts down to “force shutdown”.
* Forced termination must be performed twice or more in succession.The timing of pressing the power button for forced shutdown is to turn off the power by pressing and holding the power button when the startup screen or ” spinning ” screen is displayed.
* Depending on the computer, the Windows logo may not be displayed, and the manufacturer’s logo or nothing may be displayed.
* Even if the computer is running, but the Windows boot screen is not even displayed, try “Force Quit”.
Forcibly terminate the computer two or more times in a row, and if “Preparing automatic repair” or “Please wait” is displayed, wait as it is. Depending on the version and environment, “Please wait” may be displayed, the automatic repair described below may not be executed, and the “Recovery” screen may be displayed immediately, but there is no problem.If Automatic Repair is launched, the startup screen will say “Preparing Automatic Repair” and then “Diagnosing your PC”. If “Recovery” is displayed, proceed to the next step (2).
It may take quite some time during the diagnosis, but just wait.
- When the Automatic Repair screen appears, click Advanced options.
* Depending on the PC environment, the “Recovery” screen may appear, but click “Show advanced options”.
- Click “Troubleshoot” and then click “Advanced options” on the next screen.
2. Boot in safe mode
1. Click Startup Settings in Advanced Options.
See the next section for details on boot options.
Safe mode boot options explained
Send Windows problems and boot information to other devices. It’s a pretty advanced method, so I don’t usually use it.
If you boot normally in safe mode, create a file that records boot information. The log file is created as ntbtlog.txt on the local disk (C:) and can be checked.
Enable low resolution video
This option is mainly used when there is a problem with the graphics driver. It boots without loading the graphics driver, so if you can boot into safe mode with this option, it’s most likely a problem with the driver.
Enable Safe Mode
This is the commonly used safe mode. Windows 11 starts with a minimum configuration that can use Windows 11 without loading unnecessary drivers, services, apps (antivirus software), etc.
Enable Safe Mode with Networking
This is another commonly used safe mode. In addition to ” enable safe mode “, it will boot with an internet connection available.
Enable Safe Mode and Command Prompt
After booting into Safe Mode, Command Prompt starts instead of Desktop. If you want to use the command prompt from the beginning, it is convenient to use this option.
Disable driver certification enforcement
Disable driver signing requirements. Booting with this option allows unsigned drivers to be installed normally.
Disable Anti-Malware on Startup
Starts with the Windows anti-malware driver disabled, which is loaded first at startup. If you can boot into Safe Mode with this option, you may have an anti-malware problem.
Disable automatic restart after failure
If there is a problem booting into safe mode, it will stop at the problem instead of restarting automatically. The startup is displayed on the screen, which may help you resolve the issue.
Which option do you want to start with?
There are several options for booting into safe mode, but usually the three options below are OK.
- ” 3) Enable low resolution video ” If it starts up but the screen is not normal
- ” 4) Enable Safe Mode ” No internet connection required
- ” 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking ” If you have not set a PIN with your Microsoft account or need an internet connection to download drivers, etc.