The Windows 10 taskbar defaults to the bottom of the screen, but you can change the position of the taskbar to the top, left edge, or right edge. You can easily move the taskbar using the taskbar setting screen or mouse operation. This page introduces how to change the position of the taskbar.
Please see the following page for how to hide the taskbar and show it when you hover the mouse pointer over it.
Change the position of the taskbar on the setting screen
1. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and click “Taskbar settings” in the menu to open the taskbar settings screen.
First, make sure that “Lock taskbar” is set to “Off”.
After changing the position of the taskbar, there is no problem to turn “Lock the taskbar” back to “On”.
Change the position of the taskbar by operating the mouse
- As above, if the taskbar lock is enabled, no operation is possible.
- Taskbar lock settings can be changed in the taskbar menu in addition to the setting screen.
- Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar and click “Lock all taskbars” on the menu to add or remove the checkmark.
- If you remove the check mark in this menu, the setting “Taskbar position on screen” will also be automatically changed to “Off”.