Western Digital (WD) is a company specializing in internal and external storage devices, including internal hard drives and portable storage devices. Western Digital also offers free tools to customers, allowing them to update and run diagnostics on their hard drives. These tools are known as the lifesaver dataset. Some of these programs are specifically for the Windows operating environment, while others can be run from Disk Operating System (DOS) ready. Version 1.22
Western Digital Lifeguard Diagnostics v.1.22 is the latest version of this software as of October 2010. The software is compatible with Windows 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, with versions included for 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Use this tool to run tests on any Western Digital hard drive, including external drives, internal portable drives and desktop hard drives. Assess the health of your hard drive and see the technical details about the car. Lifeguard Diagnostics includes a tutorial to help you through the setup process, and the utility will configure any Western Digital hard drive that is connected to your computer system. You can also use this software to copy files and folders between drives.
Western Lifeguard Tools Digital version 11.0 is for older versions of Windows, including Windows 98 standard Edition (SE), Windows 2000, Millennium (Me) and XP. This set of tools is specifically for updating and configuring your storage device, both internal and external. This version of the software comes with a graphical user interface (GUI) which allows you to perform tasks without writing code or programs, instead you use checkboxes, radio buttons and wizards. You can also use this software to copy data to different drives. This utility is compatible with all Western Digital hard drive models that start with the letters WD.
The WD Caviar Data Lifeguard Tools 11.2 Edition RAID is specifically for computers running the DOS operating system. This program runs from startup, which means you must have a floppy disk or CD-ROM drive to use the software. You will need to download the program and then burn the information to a CD. You can use this program to install drivers for your WD hard drive if you can’t get Windows to do that. You can use this utility to copy data between drives as well as view the technical details of your Western Digital drive. WD Caviar Tools Data Lifeguard 11.2 Edition RAID is compatible with Windows 98, 98 SE , Me, 2000 and XP.
· Help on How to Recover Out of Disk Space
· How to expand the hard drive on a Dell Dimension 8400…
· How to Copy a RAW Disk Image
· ? In Defragment, what average Fragment
· How to load a SanDisk
· Defining a Frame Buffer
· How to initialize My Drive
· What is a MicroSD Media Card
· My Memorex DVD Burner is not recognizing blank discs…
· How to use DVD -R discs
· How to normalize the volume on a Mac
· How to do a BIOS update on an Aspire T671
· How to take apart a Macbook Air
· How to tell if the CPU is Frying
· How to Access the BIOS Menu on a Dell Laptop
· How do I Unregister My Mac
· Difference between indoor and outdoor units
· How to access an eMachines BIOS
· How to Remove Micron Transport BIOS Password
· How to Make Your MacBook Last Longer