You can disable animation effects such as opening and closing windows on the Windows 11 screen and display them quickly by setting “Visual Effects” in “Performance” in “System Details” to your liking. This page introduces details and disabling of the main animation effects of Windows 11 screen.
Where to set the animation effect
1-1. Click “System” in the menu that is right-clicked on the “Start” button.
1-2. When “System” is displayed, click “Advanced system settings” in the related link.
1-3. When “Advanced system settings” is displayed, click “Settings” under “Performance”.
1-3.” Visual Effects ” in “Performance” is where animation effects are set .
Animation within Windows
- You can disable animation effects by clicking “Animations in Windows” to remove the checkmark and clicking “Apply”.
- When this function is disabled, the start menu etc. will be displayed instantly.
Window maximize/minimize animation
Windows such as apps and explorer are displayed with animation effects as shown below.
- When opening a window from the icon on the taskbar, an animation is displayed from the vicinity of the icon from a small window to a normal size.
- When a window is made full screen or restored to its original size, the resizing appears to be animated instead of instantaneous.
- You can disable this animation effect by clicking “Animate when maximizing or minimizing windows” to remove the checkmark and click “Apply”.
- Disabling this feature will make window visibility and resizing appear instantaneous.
Fade in/slide hints
An animation effect that makes tips and notifications fade in and out or slide out.
- You can disable this animation effect by clicking “Show hints fade or slide” to remove the checkmark and click “Apply”.
- Disabling this feature allows hints to appear instantly.
Description of other animation effects
In Windows 11 visual effect settings, there are other animation effect settings such as “Fade or slide menus to display” and “Fade out menu items after clicking”. However, these animation effects cannot be completely disabled by an application, so the effect of the setting is not so great. The animation effects that are worrisome when operating Windows 11 are ” animation in Windows ” and ” display with animation when maximizing or minimizing windows ” . You will be able to feel Disabling animations also saves some resources.