Even though most people believe that formatting a hard drive will erase everything on it, this is an unfortunate myth. There are companies and programs out there that can restore data from a formatted hard drive by proving that all data is not erased once the drive is formatted. formatting
When a hard drive is formatted, the process does not erase the data on the drive. What it does is delete the address tables. Address tables tell the hard drive how to access the data. Without address tables, it is more difficult to recover files. However, a computer specialist should be able to recover most (or, in some cases, all) of the data that the disk contained before it was formatted.
Deleting files from a hard drive also doesn’t permanently delete them. It only deletes one of the many paths to that file. Formatting does a little better job than deleting a file does, but it’s not a permanent deletion.
A safer method of removing data from a hard drive is called disk wiping. This process ensures that data, including company and individually licensed software on your computer and storage devices, is irretrievably erased. The disk wipe process overwrites the entire hard disk with data. This process is repeated several times before the disk is formatted. Once the drive is formatted, it is almost impossible to recover the data that was on the drive prior to replacement.
Formatting a hard drive will not completely erase a hard drive. If you want to completely erase your hard drive, it is advisable that you look into disk cleanup.
· How to clean an SD card
· How to use an internal hard drive to external hard drive
· How to repair a damaged file with AC3
· How to find my Micro SD card in My Computer
· What is the difference between SATA vs RAID Hard Disk Drive…
· Will any hard drive work on any…
· How to Convert a Jump Drive to NTSC
· How to set up an IDE cable for Master and Slave Dri…
· How Hard Test Drives in RAID 5 Configuration
· ReadyNAS 4200 and Mac Compatibility
· How to update the BIOS for a ZR1 V1.3206 3B06
· How to add CPU to a computer
· Hardware Vs. DVD decoders software
· How to Install a Battery in a Toshiba A200 BIOS
· How to recover deleted emails on a Mac
· Pros and Cons of Dual Hard Drives
· How to Replace a CD Drive on a Toshiba Laptop …
· How to Replace a CD Drive on a Sony Laptop Go…
· How to set up an iMac computer at home
· How to Find a Macbook Date Made