Serial Attached SCSI, or SAS, hard drives are commonly found in corporate applications that require higher order drive addressing schemes and large data transfer capabilities. The Serial Attached SCSI interface is similar to the SATA interface in terms of installation. Serial Attached SCSI is becoming more prevalent with the desktop user as solid state disk drives become more common. Installing a SCSI drive in a PowerEdge server is almost identical to installing a SCSI drive in any other computer. Things You’ll Need
Show More Instructions
Turn off the system and disconnect PowerEdge from any sources of electrical power.
Insert the hard drive into one of the Dell Power Edge carrier trays located on the front face of the Power Edge case. The drive is mounted so that the SCSI interface connector will face the rear of the server chassis with the hard drive label facing up.
Secure the hard drive to the carrier tray using the provided screws and a screwdriver. Mounting points for the hard drive are located on each side of the drive support tray.
Slide the tray back into the Dell PowerEdge chassis. The server chassis is designed so that the data and power interfaces on the back of the drive will align and securely connect to a blade when the tray is fully installed.
Reconnect the electrical connections and boot into the operating system. The new drive can now be formatted.
· How to determine a cluster size
· How to get rid of GRUB on a Slave HD
· How to Use an SDHC Card as a Backup Device
· How to increase cluster size
· How to Clean an HP Pavilion DV2000
· Recovering data from hard drive
· Which drive is on a Seagate external hard drive
· How to troubleshoot an AOpen Drive
· Sequential SSD Records Vs. Random
· How to find out if I have a partition on my hard disk…
· The Advantages of Apple Computers
· How to reset the BIOS on the ThinkPad
· Set CD-ROM
· What Are Good MacBooks For
· How to Check BIOS on an XPS Laptop
· Choosing the Right CPU for Your Mother PC
· How to configure a CD drive for an IBM T43
· How to Replace a T-Series CPU Fan Lifebook
· The Dell Latitude D600 is not receiving power from the …
· How to Connect a Mac G3 to WiFi