SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) is a connection standard that was introduced in the 1990s to replace the older IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) for devices such as hard drives. Adding an extra internal SATA drive to your system can expand your storage capacity. You will need to have a drive bay available in your system to secure the new internal SATA drive. Things You’ll Need
Internal SATA hard drive SATA
computer with free SATA bays and motherboard SATA /SATA board
Show More instructions
Shut down the computer you want to add the extra internal SATA drive to. Exit the operating system and shut down the computer. Unplug the power cord from the wall.
Remove any additional devices, such as monitors or printers, connected to the computer .
Open the computer case. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws located on the back of the case by the exhaust hood. There may be additional screws on the sides or up. Pull the case out of the computer’s chassis.
touching something metallic. This will discharge static electricity, which can build up in your body. A static shock can damage computer components.
Find an internal slot for the extra SATA drive. These bays are usually located at the front of the case. Insert the SATA into an available drive bay and secure with the included screws.
6 end with SATA cable guides.
Connect one end of the SATA cable to the back of the SATA drive. The cable is tabbed and will only fit one way.
7 SATA slots on the motherboard.
Connect the other end of the SATA card to the motherboard or SATA adapter card. SATA sockets are sometimes colored red for easy identification.
Replace the computer case cover. Secure with screws. Reconnect all peripherals. Connect the computer to the wall outlet.
Turn on your computer. It should automatically configure the new SATA drive. It may be necessary to format it before use. On Windows this is done with the Disk Administrator utility, on MacOS with the Disk Utility function.
· How to recover data from a USB Flash
· How to save Internet videos to a Memory Stick US…
· How to connect an SSD
· How to restore a file that has been replaced
· How to set a password on Western Digital Discs
· What is a rewritable DVD
· Why do my images on a stick Send as miniatur…
· What is a memory card used for
· What is a port multiplier
· How to load a SanDisk
· How to change the font name on a Mac
· How to Install a Xerox Phaser 8560 for Mac
· How to Clear the BIOS Password on an OmniBook 4150
· How to change the BIOS boot order from…
· How to Check Hardware & Software
· How to copy a DVD to a hard drive
· How to Remove a Partition Recovery System
· How to Partition a Drive Jump
· How to change my Pogoplug password
· How To Make IWeb Web Page Load Faster