The iPod Dock cable contains a series of proprietary pins that interlock with connectors on an iPod , iPhone, or iPad. To connect a USB external hard drive to a computer with the iPod Dock cable, an iPod extender cable extender and USB cable must be used. The iPod extender cable and the USB extender cable, both of which can be purchased at the Apple store or an Apple retailer, provide a path to attach the external USB hard drive to your computer with the iPod Dock Cable. The procedure is simple and will not harm the external USB hard drive or the computer. Things You’ll Need
iPod Extender Cable
USB Extender Cable
Show More Instructions
Connect the iPod connector on one end of the iPod Dock cable to the iPod connection on one end of the iPod extender cable.
Connect the USB connector on the other end of the iPod extender cable to a USB port on your computer.
Connect the USB cable at the end of the iPod Dock cable to the USB extender cable connection.
Connect the USB cable from the USB external hard drive to the connection on the other end of the USB extender cable.
· How to transfer digital photos from a memory card…
· How to Remove an NTFS Partition on a Mac
· How to install a USB storage device
· How to Get Photos from an SD Card onto a Laptop
· How to Partition a Second HDD
· Will SSD Speed Up My Computer
· How to detect if your unit Rotates
· DAT Vs. DDS
· How to Delete a Hard Drive for Selling
· I can use two different types of hard drives on …
· How to Stop a Drive from Spinning Down
· How to Determine the Type of Copy Protection You Need…
· How to Partition an 80GB Hard Drive
· How to do iChat on a Webcam
· Digital Discs Which Westerners Work With iMac
· How to Partition Removable Media
· How to adjust Hyper-Threading in BIOS
· How can I retrieve Off My SanDisk images
· How to Test a Power Adapter on a Mac
· How to Clear Mac Font Cache