Solid state drives, also known as SSDs, are drives that do not use moving parts on the drive. Instead of a hard drive platter spinning disks to reach a specific part of the drive, the SSD accesses it directly from the magnetic storage. SSDs have higher read speeds than many platter-based hard drives, although certain write standards are slower in speed. You can boot directly from the SSD and use it as your main drive once you have installed an operating system on the drive. Things You’ll Need
Disk Operating System
Show More Instructions
Insert the operating system installation disc into your computer. Restart your computer and press any key on your keyboard when prompted during boot to start the DVD. Follow the onscreen instructions, choosing to install Windows on the solid state drive.
Restart your computer when installation is completely finished. Watch the screen for a message that specifies the key you need to hit to enter your computer’s basic input/output system. The keys vary between BIOS manufacturers and versions, but common keys are “Del”, the function keys, and “Esc”.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate through the BIOS menus. Each BIOS version has its own setting, but you need to select the boot order, boot options or advanced option menus and press “Enter”.
Change the first boot device to SSD. Press “F10” to save and exit. The computer will now use the SSD as its first boot device.
· How to recover deleted files on my Mac
· How do I know if my DVD burner needs…
· How to recover a Wild Tangent Game Drive
· How to add a floppy disk drive to a port for…
· How to encrypt your SSD
· How to format a passport as a regular unit
· How to Add a Second Drive to an Alienware
· How to Make My Passport Essential Come Automatically
· How to use a jump drive such as a hard drive
· Secondary Hard Disk Installation
· How to find CPU Speed during boot
· My MacBook Says Bluetooth Not Available
· How to remove an unallocated partition
· How to Erase Vista from Your Laptop
· Using a Thermal Camera on MacBook
· How to change unit to PIO mode
· How to Format an Invisible Pair
· What is a Data Explosion cache
· How much data can a double-sided layer Single-Disc…
· How to add an extra monitor to an iMac