Bad sectors are parts of a disk that cannot be read. Bad sectors on a DVD are sometimes caused by scratches. Bad sectors are sometimes embedded in DVDs to inhibit people from copying them. Cleaning a DVD can get rid of bad sectors and certain DVD copy programs can copy DVDs with bad sectors. Things You’ll Need
DVD rewritable drive
Show More Instructions
Clean scratches on the DVD. Scratches on a DVD often cause bad sectors and make the DVD difficult to copy. If the DVD is scratched, wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. To clean it more thoroughly, use alcohol or window cleaner or a DVD cleaning kit.
Use DVD Decrypter. DVD Decrypter ignores bad sectors while making DVD copies. Download DVD Decrypter from the Internet and install it on your computer. Place the DVD with bad sectors into the open DVD Drive and DVD Decrypyer. Click on “Tools”, then “Settings” and then click on the “I/O” tab. Under “Options”, check the box under “Ignore read errors” and click “OK”. Click “Mode,” scroll “ISO” and click “Read”. Click on the “Decrypt” button in the lower left corner. DVD Decrypter will create a copy of the DVD ISO image and skip over the bad sectors.
Use AnyDVD. Bad sectors are inserted into certain DVDs as a form of copy protection. AnyDVD ignores bad sectors and allows copying DVDs with copy protection. Download the program from AnyDVD AnyDVD website and install the program on your computer. Open the program and place a copy-protected DVD into your computer’s DVD drive. AnyDVD will automatically detect the DVD and bypass copy protection. Use a program like Nero or Clone DVD to create a DVD copy with bad sectors while AnyDVD is running.
· Portable Hard Drive Tips
· How to Copy IDE Boot Drive to SATA Dr…
· How to use my portable DVD Player to load programs…
· Reference Information on Memory Devices…
· How to Clone a Drive for a Windows Update…
· How to present a passport on a Vista computer
· How to Replace a Matshita SuperDrive
· How to create primary partition ID = AF
· How to Reset a Hard Drive for an Inspiron 1525
· How to Test MicroSD Card Speed
· The difference between Apple 3G and 4G
· How to Convert Petabytes to Gigabytes
· How to get an extended disk from an iMac
· How to connect my Sennheiser Bluetooth Headset to…
· How to Reinstall Vista Recycle Bin
· My iBook is overheating
· How to Use an iBook to Watch DVDs on a TV
· Changing the Screen Resolution on an iMac 27
· How to find a good CPU fan or heatsink?