How to partition your hard drive is the first thing that should be done before installing Windows. How to partition the hard drive means dividing the hard drive into multiple partitions, which will appear as “C”, “D”, “E” and so on in Windows Explorer. Most hard drives have one partition, the “C” partition. Sometimes the hard drive is provided with an additional recovery partition by the computer manufacturer and is usually hidden. Never delete this partition unless you are sure about what you are doing. HP computers come with recovery tools to help with partition creation. Things You’ll Need
HP Recovery Tools CD
Show More Instructions
Insert the “Recovery Tools” CD. Click “OK” to restart the PC and open the “Recovery Tools” CD menu.
Click “Run Microsoft Recovery Console”, then select “Next”. After “Microsoft Recovery Console” has run through the system checks, press “R” to start the repair process.
Enter the number of Windows installations you would like to log on to and press “Enter”. Enter the administrator password. If there is no password, press “Enter”.
Type “diskpart” at the “C:\\Windows>” prompt. Use the “Down” and “Up” arrows to highlight the partition to create.
Press the letter “C” to create the partition and enter the partition size. Press the “ESC” button when finished creating partitions.
Remove the “Recovery Tools” CD from the drive and type “exit” at the prompt to restart the PC. Partitions have been created.
· How to Replace an HP Pavilion DV8000 ROM DVD
· How to Search for Deleted Pictures on My Computer
· Network Home Storage Devices
· How to Install XP RAID Driver With No Floppy Disk
· How do I remove protection from a recording…
· How to Partition a Micro SD
· How to Write Your Vista PC to Zeros
· How to Make SDHC Cards Work on a Laptop
· How to Put an SD Adapter in Your Computer
· How to format a disk for Mac and Windows
· How to format an encrypted microSD card
· How to Repartition Computer Drives After Reformatting…
· How to unlock FreeAgent drives
· How to Connect a Guitar to an iMac
· What are memory storage devices
· How to repair a memory card to be launched and…
· How to get into Streamyx if I’m using a Mac
· How to reset NVRAM on a PowerBook G4 with Open Firmware…
· How to find a good CPU fan or heatsink?
· How to Fix Problems on a Mac Mic