You can delete the history entered in the search of the Windows 11 search function from “Search permissions” in “Privacy and security”. You can also set it so that search history is not always saved. This page introduces how to set and delete search history in Windows 11.
Taskbar Search history settings
The search history of the search function in the taskbar is controlled by search permissions in privacy and security in settings.
1. Click the Start button, then click Start Settings.
2. When the settings are displayed, click the item “Privacy and security”.
3. When Privacy & Security appears, click Search Permissions .
Search access permission setting screen
Basic search settings can be configured through search permissions.
Delete search history
Don’t leave search history
If you set it so that search history is not saved, you do not have to delete search history every time. Click the switch button for ” Search history for this device ” in “History ” to turn it off .
After changing the setting to “Off”, the history entered in the search will not be saved.
Cloud search history
Description of “Cloud search history” at the bottom of history settings
- History setting by Microsoft Edge browser. Delete the search history stored in the cloud for your personal Microsoft account. You must be signed in to your Microsoft account.
- This is the search history setting using Bing in the Microsoft Edge browser. You also need to be signed in to your Microsoft account.