On Windows computers USB mass storage drivers allow the computer to send and receive files from memory sticks, jump drives, mp3 players, cameras and many other devices. If the USB mass storage driver is not installed or enabled on your computer, you will not be able to copy files from any of these devices. You can install or enable USB mass storage on your computer with just a few steps. Make sure you have system administrator permission before making changes to the computer. The following instructions will work on Windows XP and 2000. Instructions
Click “Start” and click “Run” and type “regedit” and press “Enter”.
Find the registry key: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ SYSTEM \\ CurrentControlSet \\ Services \\ UsbStor ” by clicking the plus sign next to each term starting with ” HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE “. Don’t forget to click UsbStor .
Double click “Start” in the right pane of the regedit window. In the “Value” field change the number to “3” and make sure that “Hexadecimal” is selected. Save and close the registry editor.
Download the Usbstor.inf file if it is not already present on your computer. If, after completing the previous steps, you still cannot use your USB mass storage device, you will need to download the driver. A download link is found in the Resources section of this article
Extract the USBstor.zip file and copy the usbstor.inf file to C: . \\ Windows \\ System32 \\ Inf \\ directory on your computer.
· What are Bad Sectors and Bad Clusters
· Renaming a volume serial number
· My Kingston 4GB Micro SDHC is not recognized on the computer…
· The difference between RAID-1 and RAID-5
· A Comparison of Portable Hard Drives
· How to Remove an NTFS Partition on a Hard Drive
· How to Reinstall Vista Recycle Bin
· How to Format a Micro Drive for Fat16
· How to create a partition on a Seagate FreeAgent
· Card Recovery Storage
· How to troubleshoot iBooks
· How to Check the Power BIOS on a Computer…
· How to Partition Systems in Bulk
· How to put HD in an external box
· How to Wire the 360 Controller to Your MacBook
· How to Create BIOS Update Disk for Dell 320
· How to use a webcam with an iBook
· The magnetic clasp on my MacBook Pro is fastened
· SUSE 11.2 Newbie : How to update the BIOS
· How to use a pen drive as virtual memory