Scratches on a CD-RW can make the disc unreadable by your disc drive and make it impossible to add or remove data from the disc. Fortunately, there are many compounds and machines available to remove scratches from a CD-RW. Things You’ll Need
Compound Scratch Removal
Show More Instructions
Place the CD-RW on a folded paper towel, with the glossy side facing up.
Apply a few drops of the compound removing scratches such as scratching out! scratch remover, on a clean cloth or cotton swab.
Use the cloth or cotton swab to rub the compound in a circular pattern on the surface of the disc until the scratches disappear or disappear.
Wipe the CD-RW with a clean cloth and test the disc. If CD-RW still cannot be read by drive, repeat application of compound removing -zero.
Use a CD/DVD scratch removal machine. These machines are widely available. To operate it, apply scratch removing compound to your CD, then insert it into the machine. The machine to buff the scratches automatically.
· How to check if my PC has eSATA
· How to remove read-only from a USB drive
· How to Fix an ITE RAID Controller It doesn’t work…
· Which is more important, the CPU temperature or Temper…
· What Does It Mean When The Lexar USB Light Is On
· The uses for DVD-R
· The evolution of storage devices
· How Hard Test Drives in RAID 5 Configuration
· How to add attachments to an email from a pen drive
· Can a bad hard drive cause a parity error
· How to Replace a BIOS Password on My Dell
· What is the difference between SATA vs RAID Hard Disk Drive…
· How to Transfer Music from iPod to a Mac Library…
· Difference between Trans Flash & Micro SD
· Formatting Problems with a 64GB Flash Drive
· What should I use to clean my MacBook
· How to Protect Your Macbook From Scratches
· How to Use a Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Cell Phone 6000 C…
· Changing an iMac Superdrive
· How to find my Micro SD card in My Computer