The Windows Disk Management Utility allows you to format a hard drive on a computer with a disk. This utility makes it easy for users who are not familiar with the format commands used in the Windows command line or those who do not have an installation CD or DVD that can be used for formatting hard drives. The disk management utility is available on any Windows operating system. Instructions
Click on the Windows 7 “Start” Orb and type “diskmgmt.msc” into the text box. This is the shortcut to the disk management utility. The window opens and displays the current hard drive settings.
Right click on the icon of the hard tape drive you want to format. Each hard drive storage space is represented by a color-coded strip so that you can distinguish between the different hard drives installed on your computer.
Select “Format” from the menu options. Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to delete the information on the hard drive. It may take a few minutes to format your computer’s hard drive.
· What size Drive Bay are the hard drives and disks?
· Problems in Combining Two Hard Drives
· How to take the old hard drive out on a Compa…
· My Maxtor n256 is slow
· How to add a SCSI Drive Data
· How to Design and Print a CD Case
· How to write in UDF Format
· How to take the Apart casing on a Pioneer DVR-111D
· How to convert SATA to IDE cables
· How to test CD-ROM speeds
· How to make my Sandisk Cruzer write-protected…
· SD Card Classes
· How to Create a RAID 5 Array
· How to Fix MacBook Keys
· How can I clone my existing hard drive to a n…
· How to Connect an Apple Mac Laptop to the Internet via …
· How to recover a password and username on a Mac M…
· Why does a magnet wipe a computer
· How to make UNetbootin Boot a USB
· How to connect IDE HD to SATA