VCD , short for Video Compact Disc, is a disc that contains video files. It can be played using standard VCD or DVD as well as CD-ROM or DVD drives on a computer. If you want to watch a movie saved on a VCD, you can do so using your computer’s CD or DVD player. Before you can play a VCD on your computer, make sure you have a media player installed on your computer. For Windows OS users, Windows Media Player is a built-in tool. Mac computers, on the other hand, have QuickTime Player. Instructions
How to Play VCD on Windows Computers
Insert the VCD into the computer’s optical drive. If you have a Windows operating system, wait for the computer to recognize the media and ask if you want to play the file.
Select “Play” from the list of options. If the small dialog box does not appear, click “Start”, then “My Computer” or “Computer”.
Double click “CD/DVD-ROM” and wait for your computer to open the video file through your default media player.
How to Play VCD on Mac
Place the VCD in the computer’s optical drive.
Open the “Applications” folder and launch QuickTime player. Click on the “File” menu and select “Open Movie in New Player.” Click on the VCD icon located in the sidebar and open the “MPEGAV” folder.
Browse through the files and look for the one that ends in “.DAT.” Open the file and wait for QuickTime player to start automatically. Click “Play” to start the movie.
· Why is there no sound when I play in my browser
· The first signs of hard drive failure
· DVD-R JVC Playing Problems
· How do I change the circuit board on a WD250JB…
· How to reduce a DVD data disc
· USB Low Level Formatting Tool
· Problems with mobile disk
· Seagate external hard will not turn on and beeps
· How to use a pen drive with two computers
· How to recover a card that has been formatted Many…
· How to update the BIOS on a Dell Insipron 1300
· Upgrading Memory on an iMac
· How to Erase an Encrypted Hard Drive
· How do I Duplicate a DVD on Apple OS X
· How to change CD default
· How to Create a Boot Disk on OS X
· Problems with Secondary Storage Compression…
· How to access the BIOS on a ThinkPad R40
· Polaroid Pogo will not connect to an iMac
· How to open DCR files on a Mac