PCI card slots are internal expansion ports that allow you to install additional hardware into a computer system. There are dozens of different PCI cards you can install, including a TV tuner card. This tuner card converts the signal from a television source, such as a satellite receiver, and produces programming on your computer screen. Things You’ll Need
TV Tuner Card PCI
Driver Software Installation CD
Audio / Video Cables RCA
Show More Instructions
turn off the computer, disconnect the cables attached to the system, then remove the Phillips screws along the back side of the computer. Open the computer case to reveal the inside of the system.
Locate a free PCI slot. These slots are on the back of the motherboard (the big computer circuit board) and face the back of the computer.
Slide the PCI TV tuner card into the open slot, then push down on the plastic levers found on either side of the PCI card. These are the latches that secure the card to the PCI slot. Once the card is secure, close the computer case up, insert the cables back into the computer and tighten the Phillips screws.
Turn on the computer and insert the driver installation CD. Follow the on-screen installation wizard instructions to install the driver.
eject the driver CD after you have finished installing the driver, then insert the software installation CD. Follow the instructions that appear, accept the end user agreement and click “Install” to install the drivers.
Connect the RCA audio/video cables to the “OUT” ports on the satellite receiver, then connect the other ends of the cables to the “in” ports on the PCI TV tuner card. Once connected launch the program you just installed and satellite programming will load on your screen.
· How to Connect a SATA DVD Burner
· How to Transfer an IIE ISO Into My Memory Stick
· How to Make a Memory Stick Hold More than Capacity
· How to burn CDs and DVDs in Windows Vista
· How do I use a USB flash drive
· How to add a SCSI Drive Data
· How to get more space on my Memory Stick
· GPT and protected partition on XP
· How to remove SanDisk from a USB port
· The SDXC 2TB memory card format
· How to Wire a Mac Mini to HDMI
· How to change BIOS settings in Vista
· How do I find the WEP key on a Mac
· How to Connect a Mac to a DirecTV
· How to change the BIOS password on an Acer TravelMate 2420…
· How to update my HP Pavilion BIOS
· How to remove a CD-ROM drive
· Physical Recovery Disk
· How do I know how much free memory I have in my…
· How to Remove Previous Searches on a MacBook