It is possible for any storage device to get infected with a virus. This goes for your internally installed hard drive and even USB-based equipment such as an external hard drive or USB flash drive. This, however, does not mean that you are not able to retrieve data stored on the infected USB drive. It just means that you need to be extra careful with files imported to your computer. Things You’ll Need
Show More Instructions
Connect the USB hardware to one of your computer’s USB ports. Close the autoplay window loading on your computer.
Open the anti-virus software you have installed on your computer. Any anti-virus scanning program is suitable for this task. If you don’t have one installed, there are several available (for free) on the CNET download page (browse to CNET.com, select “Downloads,” then type in “Antivirus”).
< br> 3
Select the USB drive as the location you want to scan, then choose each file you want to get. Click on the “Scan” option and wait for the program to scan over the files. Once it is completed, the program displays any infected files and viruses attached to the data.
Click the “Delete” option to remove the infected information from the data files.
Click “Start”, “Computer”, double click the removable device icon. Click and drag the files you’ve scanned onto the desktop to copy the information onto your computer.
· How to Troubleshoot a Mini SD
· How do I repair a Toshiba Satellite P35-S609
· What is fragmentation and different types of fragments…
· Advantages of SATA over PATA
· Specifications for Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-840S
· How to Insert a 2GB Micro SD Memory Card
· How to Install a Floppy Drive External Cable
· How to Treat External HDDs Like Internal HDDs
· CF Card Specs
· How do I put music on a Micro SD card
· How to transfer a JPEG file from a computer to a user…
· What is WD SmartWare
· How to update an MMC /SD drive
· How to reinstall the software for the f…
· What is the Netflix streaming format for the iPad
· How to Set CAS Latency in BIOS
· Seagate 7200 RPM Portable HD Features
· How to change a Blu-ray drive
· How to find the memory space pie chart…
· How to Boost Game Performance on a MacBook Pro