There are three types of mobile memory cards: SD cards, microSD cards and CompactFlash cards. SD cards are commonly used in digital cameras. MicroSD cards are smaller versions of SD cards. CompactFlash cards are older memory cards that were used in digital cameras, but were made obsolete by SD cards. It is possible to fix the “corrupted data” errors and viruses on these cards by formatting it on a computer, which will revert the card to its factory settings, erasing all data from the card in the process. Things You’ll Need
External CompactFlash Reader External SD Card Reader
Show More Instructions
Place the mobile memory card into the appropriate slot on your computer or external card reader. To connect an SD card to a computer, look for an SD card slot. If your computer does not have an SD card slot, use an external USB SD card reader. If you have a microSD card, connect the card to an SD card converter, then connect the converter to your computer’s SD slot. Most computers don’t have a CompactFlash slot, so if you’re formatting a CompactFlash card, you’ll probably need to use an external USB CompactFlash reader.
Press the left mouse button on the blue button containing the Windows logo in the lower left corner. Click on “Control Panel” in the menu that appears.
Click on “System and Security”. From here, click on “Administrative Tools”. Inside “Administrative Tools”, double-click “Computer Management”.
Click “Disk Management.” Within the list of hard drives, right-click on the icon for your mobile memory card and select “Format.”
Click “OK” to format the card.
· How to unlock FreeAgent drives
· Megabyte Capacity Vs. gigabyte
· How to add external HDD in Autoplay
· As a program to print labels directly to …
· How to Install a SATA Driver After XP
· How to replace the hard drive of an HP laptop with more…
· How to Connect & Recognize 2 SATA Hard Drives in One…
· Differences between SanDisk Standard & SDHC Ultra
· How to Install an IDE Hard Drive on a New Computer…
· Adding an IDE Disk to a Dell Precision 380
· How to Dual Boot Windows 7 on an Intel Imac Processor
· BIOS Setup and Failure CMOS Battery
· How do I add a DVD drive to HP…
· How to Flash BIOS Using a USB Device
· Macbook trackpad Problems
· USB Vs. SD Speed
· MacBook Pro Volume controls don’t work
· How to Clean a Mac Laptop Screen
· DVD Viewing Problems
· How to update the BIOS for AMD Athlon XP