The Windows 7 operating system allows you to create system backups and store them on any external media, including a USB hard drive. If your system fails and you need to restore from your personal backup, you can restore using Windows 7 Recovery Console, which is a part of the installation DVD. Restoring a hard drive replaces all information with the backup, so you can recover a hard drive partition that has failed due to corrupted system files. Things You’ll Need
Windows Installation DVD
USB Hard Drive Backup
Show More Instructions
Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD into the drive. Restart the computer. When prompted, press “Enter” to launch the recovery center from the installation DVD.
Choose your language, time zone and keyboard settings in the first window, click “Next” to open the installation window. Instead of clicking “Install”, click “Recover Computer” to launch the System Recovery Console.
Click the “Restore computer using a previously created system image” option and click “Next”. Click “Select a system image” in the next window. Click “Next”.
Point to the backup location of your external USB hard drive. Click “OK”. Click “Next” to advance to the final summary window. In the last window, click “Finish” to start the recovery process. Copy files from USB drive to local C drive.
· Exabyte 8900 Specifications
· How to install the U-3 Launcher
· Computer Hard Drives Questions and Answers…
· How to Install an IDE Hard Drive in a Dell GX280
· Maxtor Hard Drive Testing
· How to restore MBR from a Lenovo Floppy
· The Advantages of an SSD Drive
· How to Fix a Mechanical Failure on a Disk Drive?
· What is fragmentation and different types of fragments…
· How to install applications from a computer to a pen …
· How do I put music on a Micro SD card
· How are Mini DVDs Transferred to a DVD-R
· How to Troubleshoot a Lexar 4GB Multipurpose
· How to Connect DVD Drive XBox 360 HD to a PC
· Easy Ways to Speed Up a MacBook
· How to Capture Date and Time Stamps Through FireWire
· How to Insert a CD into a Mac When You Can’t…
· How to transfer files from your SD card to disk…
· How to Upgrade a 6831FX CPU
· Replacing the AirPort Extreme Card on a Mac Power…