CD players have been a staple part of almost every computer for many years, with the exception of super lightweight computers like liquid books. Almost every computer now uses a DVD player instead of a CD DVD drive because they are so inexpensive and can also perform all the functions of a CD player. So if you’re going to replace a CD drive, you might have a hard time finding one – you might have to use a DVD drive instead if your laptop can support it. Things You’ll Need
Show More Instructions
order a new CD drive from your laptop manufacturer. You may only be able to choose a DVD drive. Ask the manufacturer’s parts department if the DVD or other optical drive will fit and work with your laptop, if this is the case.
Take out your current CD player. Some laptops have buttons that are pushed to release the CD drive, but it may have screws that secure it in place that need to be removed from the bottom of the laptop. Check your laptop manual to find out more specifics for your laptop.
Disconnect the cables from the CD player drive. There are probably power and data cables connecting the drive to the inside of the computer. Carefully disconnect the cables from the CD drive. The cables must pull out or you may have to push on side tabs to release the cables before pulling out.
Put the new CD in the place where the old CD was. Connect the cables and push the CD into place. Fasten the screws back to the laptop and make sure the CD drive is securely in place.
· Network rack cabinets
· What is SSD memory
· How to install a DVD R RW
· Tips on external hard drives
· How to detect an external hard drive
· How to RAID SSD
· How to install on a SanDisk Cruzer
· How to Partition a 4GB M2
· How to Get a Dead Hard to Start
· How do I erase an entire hard drive
· How to clear BIOS Protection password on a Dell Latit…
· Which way should I Fan Face CPU
· How to enter BIOS at startup
· How to Fix External DVD Drives
· How to switch between nVidia to AMD Raid Controller
· How to identify an AMD CPU
· Installing an AirPort Extreme Wireless Card
· How to transfer Hi8 to iMac
· How to share a Kodak All-in -One 5300
· How to Clean LightScribe DVD Drives