Restoring your Toshiba Tecra to factory settings allows you to reset your computer to the settings it had on the day you purchased it. While this process can be counter-productive if you plan to continue using the computer for your own use, it might be a good idea to restore your computer to factory settings if, for example, you plan to donate or sell your computer. Restoring factory settings erases all your private data. Instructions
Click “Start” and “Restart” to restart your computer. Press the “F8” key when the computer shows the “Toshiba” logo on the screen during reboot.
Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the “Repair your computer” option from the screen and click “Enter”.
Click the drop-down menus in the pop-up screen that appears to select your language and keyboard layout. Select “Next”.
Choose your username from the drop-down menu and enter the password. Click on the “OK” button. To restore your computer to factory settings, you must log in as a system administrator.
Click on the “Toshiba HD Recovery” link at the bottom of the page. A new page will open. Click “Next” to restore factory settings.
Click “Next” again.
Click “Yes” and select the “Restart” button when it appears on the screen. The Toshiba Tecra will now be restored to factory settings.
· Hard Drive Failure Codes
· How to recover from a RAID-3 disk failure
· How to Install a Second Seagate External Disk Drive
· How to disassemble Maxtor Boxes
· How to Install a Hard Drive in a Dell Laptop
· How to Connect an External SATA to a Laptop
· Problems with Fuji 100 MB Zip Disks
· How to put digital movies on an SD card
· How to transfer a 20GB to a 120GB without a disc…
· How to Uninstall Internal DVD Player on a Dell Inspir…
· How to reset a BIOS password in Windows
· How to troubleshoot a Cruzer
· My Toshiba Laptop Won’t Recognize A 2GB SD Card
· How to Replace DVD on a Dell Inspiron 2500
· How to update BIOS for Creative PCI or controller…
· Types of hard drives: ATA vs SATA
· How to repair a VHD file
· How to update the Laptop BIOS
· How to Find a Cheap Laptop for School
· How to recover a previous BIOS version