The TeraStation, created by Buffalo Technologies, allows personal and business computer users to store and share information between large numbers of computers. TeraStation functions as a network-attached storage system. You can share your data with a different computer, either in your home or on a different floor. TeraStation must be mapped to your computer before it can be used. Setting up TeraStation can be achieved in just a few steps. Things You’ll Need
Show More Instructions
Setting Up TeraStation
Connect both to the back of the TeraStation at their proper outputs. The TeraStation must come with a power cord and an Ethernet cable, which connects the device to the network. Plug the Ethernet cable into its appropriate wall outlet and plug the power cord into an outlet. You can then proceed to turn TeraStation on. A light on the front of the TeraStation next to the words “LINK /ACT” turns on if the device connects correctly.
Insert the TeraStation installation CD into your computer and start the process. A setup menu will appear. Click on the button that says “Install Client Utility.” Start the installation process, continuing to the next prompt. A tabbed menu will appear. Make sure your specific TeraStation guide is highlighted. Click on “Setup”, followed by “Browser Management”.
Enter the username “admin ” and the password “password “, both without the quotes. After installation, a new window will appear. On the left side of the window, several options appear. Click on the “Basic” option. This will allow you to enter information vital to finding TeraStation on any other computer. Click “Apply” after changing any information if you want to save it.
Click on the “Start” menu and go to the “Run” option. In the dialog box that appears, enter the phrase ” \\ \\ TeraStation_ ” – followed by the name you gave TeraStation in the “Basic” menu. After clicking “OK”, a new window will appear. Click the “Tools” button on the menu bar, followed by “Map Network Drive.” You then select the drive letter and folder name you want TeraStation to appear as. Click “Return No Login” and then finish.
· How to recover emails from a hard drive
· My pen drive cannot find System.exe
· How to Install a ReadyNAS Duo Hard Drive
· How to add a partition with fdisk on Linux
· How to Remove a Stuck Tape From a DLT7000
· Types of Memorex Disks
· Installing Windows Vista DVD Burner
· How to Troubleshoot a PX-716A Plextor
· What is the difference between indoor and outdoor units…
· Software for cleaning a boot drive…
· How to Remove a Stuck CPU Fan
· Lock tape cleaning instructions
· SSD Drive Vs. More RAM
· How to Replace a Dell Motherboard & CPU
· How to use a flash drive on a Mac
· Can Blu-ray be used with an iMac
· How to Fix a CD Drive That Won’t Read Any D…
· How to Remove a Password on an 8GB U3 Jump Drive
· CD is not recognized on my Acer Aspire
· How to Download a Music Onto a USB