Starting with XP, Windows operating systems have included the autoplay feature, which allows the computer to automatically react when faced with certain types of media to play music, view photos, watch movies or perform other actions without user intervention . AutoPlay reduces the time and complexity of common tasks, but if an unwanted program opens, it takes more time to close the application and find the right one. If Photoshop Elements assigned itself as the default AutoPlay option, or another user has given AutoPlay access, you can change the settings for the Photoshop photo memory card drive to stop working. Instructions
Insert the photo memory card into your computer. Close Photoshop Elements when it opens. If the card is empty, the program will not start.
Open “My Computer” from the Start menu and right-click your memory card drive in the “Devices with Desktop Removable Storage” list. Click on “Properties”.
Click on the “AutoPlay” tab. Click on the drop-down menu and select “Images” from the list.
With the button clicked for “Choose an action to perform”, choose an option other than Photoshop Elements from the list. Selecting another program will open the application instead, or you can choose a generic Windows option such as “Open folder to view files” or “Do not perform any action.” Click the “Prompt me every time to choose an action” button radio button to see an autoplay window with various options each time you turn on the card.
Click “OK” to save the settings. Unplug the card and plug it in again to use the new AutoPlay options.
· The difference between the Ultra ATA/133 and ATA/100
· How to install two SSD cards in an Asus Eee PC
· Putting Photos on a Koda Camera SD Card…
· How to Solve Problems Why Your Computer Doesn’t…
· The Dell Latitude D600 is not receiving power from the …
· How to Recover Data from a Formatted Drive
· How to find a boot partition
· How to Replace a Tape Drive on a Dell 8400
· How to Configure Jumpers on Multiple Hard Drives
· What are the two SATA cables on a hard drive
· How to make a Western Digital Passport Elite Plug & Pla…
· How to Use eSATA Drives Via a PCI Express Card
· How Many Drives Can Be Installed In One Controlled…
· About MacBook EFI
· How to get a free Apple ID
· How to get full frame Photos on iWeb
· How to get BIOS for Old Alienware
· How to minimize dust on an iMac
· How to Connect a Buffalo NAS
· How to install an HP All-In-One F380 Printer With N…