SanDisk Cruzer pen drives are portable storage devices. Depending on the model, a Cruzer flash drive can contain 2 to 16 GB of videos, music and other data. When a Cruzer unit malfunctions, a number of issues can be to blame. Often simple troubleshooting measures can solve the problem. Even if you don’t know much about computers, you should be able to restore your Cruzer flash drive to working order in just a few minutes. Instructions
Make sure your Cruzer flash drive is connected to your computer’s USB port. The unit will not work on any other port.
Make sure you are running the correct operating system that supports the Cruzer flash drive. If you are running a Windows-based laptop or desktop, you must have Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows 7. On a Mac, you must be running at least OS 9 or you will need to install a special driver , which can be downloaded from the SanDisk website.
Reset Cruzer’s letter unit if it is in conflict with another unit. Click “Start” and then “Computer” to see a list of all drives currently in use. If you encounter any conflicts, resolve the issue by right click “Computer” and select “Manage” and then click “Disk Management” in the left pane. Right-click the Cruzer drive on the right screen and click “Change Drive Letter and Path.” Click “Change” and choose a letter from the drop-down box that is not currently in use. Click “OK” and then “Yes”.
format the Cruzer pen drive if you can’t fix the error. This is recommended as the final option as formatting will erase all your data on the flash drive. Click on the “Start” menu, click on “Control Panel”. Click on “System and Security”, then “Administrative Tools”. Double click on “Computer Management”. Click “Disk Management” to display a list of all storage drives in use on your computer. Right-click the Cruzer flash drive and select “Format”. Click “OK” on the next two screens to format the Cruzer pen drive.
· How to save AVG to a CD
· How to install two SATA hard drives in one…
· LED HD Clock Projects
· How To Get Rid Of Clicking Your Tower Noise
· How to recover lost data from a formatted CF card…
· Matshita 9587S Specifications
· The difference between FreeAgent Go & Special Edition
· How to Format a Disk Using the Registry
· IDE for SATA on Vista
· How to replace the drive on a WD external USB
· How to Read a Corrupted or Unreadable Burnt CD-R
· How to Format a USB Flash Drive on a Mac
· How to change parts on an iMac
· How to Replace a DVD Drive in an HP Pavi Laptop…
· How to unmount a volume on a Mac
· How to Reburn a CD RW
· Why a white Memorex CD-RW is blocked and how…
· How to increase CPU fan speed on a T…
· How to Format a Partitioned Hard Drive after the…
· How to Install a Portable DVD Drive