An external DVD burner such as the Inland 8X USB drive is a good choice for computer users who need the functionality of a DVD burner without having to open their PC cases. But while external USB DVD drives are generally reliable, it’s still a good idea to have some basic troubleshooting skills. Since a number of things can cause a previously functional Inland DVD burner to stop working, it is best to use a step-by-step approach to fix the device. Things You’ll Need
Laser Lens DVD Clean
Show More Instructions
Turn off your computer and wait for it to shut down. Turn off the slimline Inland USB DVD burner and wait for the green light to go out.
Turn on the DVD burner and wait for the green light to stay lit. Turn on the computer and then click the “Start” button on the PC.
Right-click on “My Computer” and look for the letter assigned to the DVD burner. Depending on your computer this could be the D , E, F or G of the unit. Remove and reinsert the USB cable if the DVD burner does not appear in the drive list.
Locate the bypass hole next to the eject button on the DVD recorder. Release a paper clip and insert it into the hole to force the DVD to eject from the drive. Clean the DVD completely and reinsert it.
Insert a good DVD into the drive and try to read it. Insert a DVD laser lens cleaner and run the cleaning program. Put the DVD back in and test the new car.
· How to convert Floppy
· How do I save songs to a salt drive…
· How to Totally Erase an SDHC Card
· How to install OCZ Solid 2
· How to Partition a Second HDD
· How to Partition a Primary Disk
· Pros and Cons of GUID Vs. MBR
· How to Connect an Internal SATA DVD-RW to IDE Tape
· What is the difference between SATA and IDE HDD
· Why some blank DVDs don’t work
· MacBook Pro does not recognize Mbox 2 Pro
· MyBook will not appear on my Mac OSX
· BIOS update failure
· How to Remove Computrace Embedded in BIOS of X61 Tabl…
· What are the classes of SDHC memory cards
· How to Remove a Stuck Tape From a DLT7000
· All-in-One Printer Tutorial
· How to reset the BIOS on an Asus Laptop
· How to find out which BIOS my notebook has
· How to set up an external cabinet