If you’re thinking about replacing or upgrading your computer’s hard drive, and you keep documents or files on your PC that you’d rather not see others, you should completely wipe the data on the drive before using it on another machine, don’t worry. it or discard it from the drive.Simply deleting files from the drive or formatting the hard drive is not a reliable way to erase data. Anyone with a small amount of computer knowledge is able to recover deleted files this way. So make sure no one can see your files by completely removing the data from the drive. Instructions
Search the Internet and find a free application that will erase all data on the hard drive by replacing the drive with zeros (false data containing only the number “0”). Applications like Active Kill Disk, Secure Erase and Eraser are free and all do a good job of completely erasing data on a drive.
Download the app and save it to your computer.
Navigate to the folder on your computer where you saved the hard drive erase application. Double-click on the file to launch the configuration utility. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the application on your PC and restart your computer if prompted to do so.
Launch the hard drive erase application, “Start double click on the respective icon on the desktop or by clicking” and then click on the program link in the application folder for the utility under “All Programs”.
Wait for the program to list the hard drives on your computer. Click to highlight the drive you want to erase and then click the “Erase”, “Wipe” or “Kill” menu options to erase the data on the drive.
Wait for the program to erase the data on the drive and replace it with zeros. Depending on the size of the unit as well as the application used, the process can take several hours to complete.
Exit the application when the deletion is complete. Remove the drive from the computer.
· How to check a PC for available memory capacity…
· How to recover an SD drive
· Tools for watching DVDs on my computer
· What is SATA on a PC Motherboard
· Hard Disk Testing Tools
· How to Set Up Second RAID on an Alienware
· How to Unlock the D Drive on a Dell Laptop
· IDE- 0 Hard disk drive settings for…
· IBM R40 compatible units
· Barracuda 7200.7 Specs
· What rivers, trees and animals live in a Temp Forest…
· BIOS Update Tools
· How to protect my MacBook Air
· How to find out if your Mac is a 32-Bit or a 64-Bit
· Signs and symptoms of slow hard drive speeds…
· Advantages and Disadvantages of a computer database…
· How to Transfer Items from an SD Card to a Card …
· How to reset default settings on a laptop …
· How to permanently increase text size on iMa…
· Five Advantages of a Mac