The Dell Dimension 3100 is a desktop computer running Windows XP operating system. Standard computer configuration includes multiple USB ports, a floppy disk drive and a rewritable CD/DVD drive. With this drive, you can copy or create your own CD or DVD discs. As the Dimension 3100 is shipped as a ready to use computer system, the unit’s functionality is in effect from the moment the user receives it. However, during the course of use, a problem may arise with the system that prevents the disk drive from recognizing blank CDs. Instructions
Insert the blank disc into the CD drive.
Click “Start” in the lower left corner of the screen, then select the “My Computer” option.
Right-click on the disk icon and select the “Open” option. If there are any files listed on the screen then the disc you are trying to burn is not blank. If the disk icon is not present then there may be a physical problem with the disk. Insert a CD containing data and wait for the disk icon to fill. If the computer is not recognizing this disc, there may be a problem with the drive itself.
Browse to the Dell Dimension 3100 Drivers /Downloads site.
Click on the “CD /DVD” option. Keep this window open.
Click on the “Start” button in the lower left corner of the screen and select the “Control Panel” option.
Double-click the “System” icon and click the “Device Manager” button.
Click the arrow next to “CD/DVD Drives” and take note of the drive type that is listed. If it does not include the letters “RW”, the drive is not capable of writing blank discs.
Right-click the CD/DVD RW drive, then choose the “Update Driver” option and let Windows search for new driver software. If it finds a newer driver, follow the instructions to install it.
Returning to your web browser window, click the blue “Download” button located next to the option that corresponds to your drive manufacturer. Save the file to your computer.
Double-click the downloaded file and select a location for the unzipped file.
Double-click the unzipped file, then follow the wizard’s instructions. Restart your computer if necessary.
· How to open a OneTouch Case
· How to reset an HP HD1600
· How to Fix a Floppy Drive in Windows Vista
· How to Search for Deleted Pictures on My Computer
· How to Reinstall My Sound Driver After I Deleted
· How to manually unload a DLT tape
· I can’t get Flash Drive to Work on…
· How to Replace an eMachines W3052 80GB Hard Drive
· How to Connect a Laptop to a TV for PowerPoint
· Lite Specifications -On iHAS224
· How to Connect a Mac Mini to an Onkyo 7.1 System
· How to Use a Mac Portable as a FireWire Slave
· The Cards Will Be an RCA MM6800 Read
· How do I get into Alienware BIOS
· How to Connect a Mac Mini to a Plasma
· How to know CPU speed
· How to make your Mac Run Faster
· SanDisk Cruzer 16Gb Specs
· How to Overclock DFI Motherboard and CPU
· How to HyperThread a CPU