A digital key chain is, for all practical purposes, a micro-hard disk drive with a built-in LCD screen. Dirt or other contaminants can enter the micro-USB port on the keychain and inhibit the flow of data from it to the computer, causing the built-in formatting command to fail. The door can be repaired with some common supplies found around the house. The digital keyring will not be harmed in any way by the repair work that is done on it. Things You’ll Need Distilled alcohol
swab USB cable Micro-port Show More instructions 1
Insert the tip of the cotton swab into the distilled alcohol. Insert the wet end of the swab into the micro-USB port on the digital keyring. Twirl the cotton swab between your fingers. Remove the swab and discard it in the trash.
Insert the micro-USB plug of the mciro-USB cable into the micro-USB port of the digital keychain. Remove and reinsert the plug twice.
Plug the other end of the micro-USB cable into the computer’s USB port. Right-click on the digital keyring icon when it appears on the desktop. Select “Properties” from the pop-up menu.
Select “Format” in the window that appears. Leave the “Name” field blank. Select “FAT32” from the “Formatting” drop-down menu. Click the “Start” button and wait for the progress bar at the bottom of the window to fill from left to right. Close the window by clicking the red “X” in the upper right corner.
right-click on the digital keyring icon. Select “Eject” from the pop-up menu. Remove the USB cable from the computer’s USB port and digital keychain.
· How do I erase a PC’s memory
· How to Install a SATA Hard Drive in an iMicro Box
· Hard Drives Compatible with an HP Pavilion 304W
· What is the difference between a Terabyte and a Gigabyte
· How to remove write protection from…
· SATA Hard Drives vs. IDE Hard Drives
· Comparison of Samsung SpinPoint and Seagate Momentus
· How to recover an Unknown partition
· How to use an internal hard drive to external hard drive
· Difference between Trans Flash & Micro SD
· How to Overclock P5QL -E BIOS
· BIOS Setup and Failure CMOS Battery
· How to Overclock the Intel P4 2.8 HT CPU
· How to install Dell Photo All-in-One Printer 966 on m…
· Changing the Dock on a Tiger Mac
· How can I get an image off of my MicroSD card…
· How to Restore Exchange Log Files
· How to Replace an AirPort Card
· Connecting an Additional Display to an iMac