Western Digital makes My Passport Essential, a line of portable external hard drives that includes the standard My Passport Essential and My Passport Essential SE. Although My Passport Essential can be used on Macs, other models in the My Passport series are designed specifically for Mac users. My Passport essential hard drives are available in a range of storage capacities: from 320GB to 1TB. All these hard drives are USB bus-powered and have a single USB port for data and power supply. USB 3.0
If you have a computer with USB 3.0 ports, there are several My Passport essential options available: the 500GB My Passport Essential, the 750GB My Passport Essential SE, or the 1TB My Passport SB Essential. Advantages of USB 3.0 include faster data transfer, 4.8 Gbps as opposed to 320 Mbps for USB 2.0, and reduced power requirements. Additionally, USB 3.0 is compatible with both 1.0 USB 2.0 and .
Most My Passport models are designed to work on USB 2.0 ports. Models are available in 320, 500, 640 and 750GB as well as 1TB.
You can use a My Passport Essential hard drive on a computer with USB 1.0 ports, however, you must purchase a booster power cord. One end of the cable has two USB attachments. By inserting both USB attachments into your computer, you increase the amount of power coming from your computer. The combined power of the two ports will allow you to use the My Passport Essential hard drive with your computer.
· How to partition without formatting
· What are portable USB floppy drives
· Problems with Toshiba DVD SD-R5002 ROM
· Iomega 34610 Specs
· Types of hard drives: ATA vs SATA
· How to install an eSATA connector to an HP M9250F
· How to Install a Hard Drive in a Dell Laptop
· How to test the read and write speed of Fla…
· How to Install an Internal DVD Burner on an HP A1213W
· How to reset a NETGEAR ReadyNAS
· How to share an external hard drive on a Mac Router
· Is there a way to boot from USB If the B…
· High temperature CPU and video card
· How to Format My Passport for Mac
· How to Reset BIOS Password on a Latitude D610
· What is Flash BIOS Acpi
· How to Choose the Best All-in-One Printer to Use…
· How to insert an image into a MacBook Presentation App…
· How to Replace a Hard Drive on an iMac
· How to install my HP Photosmart All-in-On printer…