A USB smart card terminal is an external device that plugs into your computer, allowing you to connect an SD card to your system. As soon as the SD card is inserted into the smart card terminal, the system should detect the card, allowing you to access the information stored on the card. However, if the computer is not reading the card, there are some issues that may be causing the problem, which you can fix yourself. Things You’ll Need
Show Driver Installation More Instructions
Connect the USB smart card terminal to the computer after the computer has started up. If you do this beforehand, the computer may not detect the connected equipment.
Remove the USB smart card terminal from the computer and plug it into a different USB port. Some USB ports cannot read a specific device, or simply die. Changing the USB connection may fix reading issues.
Install the USB driver for the smart card. The driver comes on a supplied driver installation CD. Insert the installation CD into your computer and follow the installation wizard’s instructions to completely install the driver onto your computer. Reset the system for the driver to take effect.
Check the SD card. Make sure the small switch on the side of the card is in the down position. If not, the card is in “write protect mode”, which prevents you from saving additional data to the card, or from deleting the card’s information.
· How to make duplicate copies
· How to Insert a Memory Stick Into a Dell Inspiron E1405
· How to restrict hard drives in Windows 7
· How to repair a DVD session
· Putting Photos on a Koda Camera SD Card…
· HAMA 00055350 Instructions
· Advantages of Magnetic Disk Storage
· An explanation of DVD-R and DVD+R
· Does the Energy Saving SSD
· How to Transfer 8GB of Music from Computer to Computer…
· Instructions for adding memory to an iMac
· How to install an HP Office Jet All-in -One 6210 Cartridge…
· How to Add a Custom CPU Fan to a Dell D…
· How to Create App Folders on iPhones or iPads
· Instructions for rewriting the BIOS on a computer
· MacBook Pro vs. MacBook Air
· Android Sync with Macs
· Primary hard drive not found on a Dell Dime…
· How do I convert an Internal Laptop Drive to Air…
· How to Clean and Clear All Internet costume history…