The specifications of the Toshiba Satellite M115 vary depending on the model, but most laptops included in this product line include a 14-inch screen, a 1.6 gigahertz (GHz) Intel Core Duo processor and 512 megabytes (MB) of memory. The laptops can run Windows XP or Windows Vista.If the Toshiba Satellite M115 cannot read CDs, you can use PC Diagnostic Tool to scan your CD-RW/DVD-ROM disk for errors. If the PC Diagnostic Tool cannot detect all the errors related to the drive, the Toshiba Repair Tool upper/lower threshold can modify the registry to fix the common DVD/CD related error that occurs when you upgrade your laptop computer for Windows Vista.
PC Diagnostic Tool Instructions
Click “Start”, “All Programs”, “Toshiba” and “Utilities”. Click “PC Diagnostic Tool” to launch the utility.
Check the box to the left of “CD /DVD”.
Click “Start Diagnostics”. The utility will scan your device and report any errors.
Toshiba upper/lower Repair Limit Tool
Download and save the Toshiba Top/Bottom Repair Tool for your Toshiba Satellite M115 limit (see Resources) .
Right-click “RmvFltrs.exe” and choose “Run as Administrator” from the context menu. Click “Allow” to bypass User Account Control.
Follow the onscreen instructions to install the software on your computer. Restart your system to restore the read and write capabilities of your disk drive.
· How to Install an IDE Hard Drive on a New Computer…
· How to change media storage format to …
· How to Install WD My Passport Studio on a Mac
· Is there any way to wipe a disk After it’s gone…
· How to Flatten a CD Bent
· How to Unprotect My Sandisk Ultra 2Gb
· Conversion Options for TPF Tape
· How to Defrag MFT Space
· How to disable Silent play on an LG DVD
· How to recover data from hard drive if your computer doesn’t…
· How to customize the cover on a Macbook
· How to update an HP BIOS
· How to reset BIOS password on FX215
· How to Install Officejet J5780 All-i Ink Cartridges…
· How to Install 500GB Hard Drive on Dell 745
· How to restore a DMP file in Sapo
· Can I store images on a DVD
· How to modify an Apple cube so that you use a c…
· How to Repair a Stepper Control Motor in a DIGIPLAN C…
· How to Disable Touchpad in BIOS