Windows 10 taskbar character input icon [A] [A] disappeared If you do not see it, turn on system icons in the taskbar settings. If it cannot be displayed even after setting, reset the registry to repair it. This page introduces how to display the character icon [A/あ] on the taskbar.
Show text input icon in taskbar settings
Display of character input icon in system icon setting
1. Right-click an empty space on the taskbar and click “Taskbar settings” in the menu.
2. Click “Turn system icons on/off”.
3. Click the “Input Indicator” switch button to turn it “On”. If it is “on”, turn it “off” and then turn it “on” again.
With this setting, the text input icon will be displayed on the taskbar.
To switch the system icons on/off, you can also set whether to display icons of functions installed in Windows 10 such as clock and volume on the taskbar.
Repair the display of the character input icon by resetting the registry
Repair character input icon with registry
If you are not confident about the operation, please make a backup before editing and then operate the registry.
First open the Registry Editor.
- Right-click the “Windows” mark to display a menu, and click “Run” to open “Run”.
- Type regedit in the text box and click OK.
- Click Yes when the User Account Control warning appears.
- It will not be displayed if the User Account Control setting is set to “Never notify”. (Reference: Disable UAC )
Click the “>” icon of the key name to expand it.
- 〉Local Settings
- 〉Current Version
, then expand and click ” TrayNotify “.
TrayNotify opens from registry address bar
Copy the path (location) below, paste it in the address bar, and press “Enter” on your keyboard. Delete the two “values” below under the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify TrayNotify key. IconStreams PromotedIconCache
Right-click the value and click Delete on the menu.